How to Configure D-link Exo AC2600 Router? – D-link exo ac2600 router is high power wireless router. When you purchase new D-link exo router, the box contains your router, power adapter, coaxial cable, Wi-Fi configuration card and quick installation guide.
Minimum Requirement for D-link exo AC2600 Router:-
- Ethernet based broadband modem is required.
- IPhone, iPad, android smart phone and tablet is required for setting it up.
- It comes with USB 3.0 as well as USB 2.0 port.
- As well solid light indicates that 2.4 GHz wireless band is enabled.
- Press the Wi-Fi button to ON/OFF your router.
- As well as Power connector is used to supply power to power adapter.
- Power button is employed to power on or off.
- Gigabyte LAN port is employed to attach Ethernet devices like computer, storage, switches etc.
- Internet LED indicates reference to the web port. If the LED light turns orange, this suggests your D-link router isn’t connected with internet.
Before setup you need to confirm following things:-
User with DSL provider: Hence you’re required your PPPoE user name and password if you’re using PPPoE connection. If you are doing not have these details, you’ll contact your internet service provider to urge these details.
User with Cable Provider: First you would like to form sure that you simply got to unplug power to modem. In some cases, you’re required to off your D-Link router for up to 5 minutes.
Configuration of your router:-
There are two ways to configure your router:-
- D-Link Wi-Fi application: Use your mobile device with D-Link Wi-Fi app.
- Web browser: you would like to use any installed browser on your computer.
Step by step guide to setup d-link exo ac2600 router:-
- First you need to scan code or search on google play store and apple store to download the D-Link Wi-Fi app for your iPhone, iPad.
- Once you download the app and installed on your device, you would like to launch the app by double clicking on the app icon then follow on screen instruction to complete the setup.
Note: Launch wireless utility to reconnect your router. Then you would like to pick new wireless network which you’ve got created already then enter your new Wi-Fi password.
Connection of your router:-
- First you need to unplug power cable to your modem.
- Connect the coaxial cable with internet port together with your router to the Ethernet port on your DSL cable.
- Now you would like to plug power back to your cable modem. You need to attend for one or two minutes to continuing.
- Also as Plug the facility adapter into your router and connect it with available power outlet surge protractor. If the LED isn’t lit up, hence you would like to press the facility button, which is found at the rear of your router.
- After turning power light, you would like to verify your internet and power LED is lit or not. If not repeat the entire procedure again and lightweight happen , you would like to continue.
- You would like to attach another coaxial cable with Ethernet port of your computer and other end with the port of your router. You can connect your computer with router wirelessly. As well as use the supplied wireless network configuration card for SSID and password.
- Now you would like to open any installed browser and sort http://dlinkrouter.local./ IP address of your router which is http://192.168.0.1 at the address bar.
- You’ll get the welcome screen after entering above address within the address bar. You need to click on next to continue.
- Your router will detect your connection type automatically. If your router doesn’t so, you would like to pick your connection type manually and click on next to continue.
- For the DSL(PPPoE) user, also as you’ve got to enter your user name and password, which has been provided by your internet service provider then click on next to continue.
- If you’ve got static IP address which is given by your internet service provider. Enter IP address within the box and DNS settings then you would like to click on next to continue.
- Here you would like to make a reputation for your wireless network and set the password. Your D-Link wireless devices like computer, iPhone as well as iPad should have this information to access the wireless network. Click next to continue.
- Now you’ll continue with the setup wizard and click on finish button to end configuring your D-link exo ac2600 router setup. Once the setup is completed, the internet LED will be turning green which clearly indicate that your D-link exo ac2600 router is connected with the internet. Hence this is complete step by step guide to setup D-link exo ac2600 router. And if you are still facing any kind of issues, you can contact D-link exo customer support to resolve issues.
How do I setup my D-link wireless router for the first time?
Step 1: Connect the included power adapter to a wall socket and your D-Link router.
Step 2: Connect the coaxial cable to the WAN (or internet) port of both your modem and router,
Step 3: As well as provides it a flash to start out up with a light-weight indication.
Step 4: Head to your computer as well as mobile device.
Why is my D-Link wireless router not connecting to the Internet?
Under the WAN/Internet Section check the following: – As well as power Off your Internet Modem (Not the D-Link Router) for 20 seconds then power it back on. Hence Wait up to 2 minutes and check the Network Status again. As If the status changes to Connected, your internet should be working.
How do I configure my router?
Step 1: Decide where to place the router.
Step 2: Connect to the Internet.
Step 3: Configure the wireless router gateway.
Step 4: Connect gateway to router.
Step 5: Use app or web dashboard.
Step 6: Create a username and password.
Step 7: Update the router’s firmware.
Step 8: Create a Wi-Fi password.
What lights should be flashing on my router?
A blinking light means you’re having difficulty connecting to the web. As well as ensure all telephone cable connections are tight and secure and reboot the modem and router (if applicable). POWER: A solid green light indicates the unit is correctly connected to power. As well as blinking red light indicates a possible modem failure.
Why Internet light is not on in modem?
There could be a few of reasons for this light not working, the foremost common reason are getting to be because you are doing not have your ISP settings entered into the modem. Most modems that come from your ISP should be pre configured with all of your settings so it should be plug and play.