How to Set Up Parental Controls on your D-Link AC 170 Wifi Router? – Parental control allows the parents to control the internet usage of their child by blocking particular website access and thereby granting access to few of the desired websites. Using this feature on dlink routers also enables setting up time and date limits to use the internet. Parental control could be used as located from under the access control feature on Dlink AC1750 wifi router.
Dlink router login is the foremost step to allow parental control on your Dlink AC1750 wifi router from its web GUI through dlinkrouter.local login.
Step 1 – access web GUI on Dlink AC1750 wifi router for parental control setup:
- Access the web browsing window on your computer.
- Using the address bar, navigate to http://dlinkrouter.local for Dlink AC1750 wifi router login.
- If you face login errors with dlinkrouter.login, use the 192.168.0.1 default IP to login.
- You are directed to Dlink AC1750 wifi router login screen asking for dlink router login administrator username and password.
- Enter the default Dlink AC1750 wifi router login username as well as password in the login fields as;
- The default dlink login username should be entered Admin.
- The default dlink login password field should be left blank.
- Click on the Login button for Dlink AC1750 wifi router login.
- The web configuration GUI screen of D-link router is reached.
Step2 – setup parental control on Dlink AC1750 wifi router:
- After Dlink AC1750 wifi router login step, you access the Web Graphical User Interface.
- Click on the advanced option on the Dlink AC1750 wifi router’s web configuration screen.
- Select the Website Filter option on the left of the configuration screen.
- Select deny access by selecting “deny computers access to ONLY these sites” option.
- Locate it on the field below configure website filter on Dlink AC1750 wifi router’s web configuration screen.
- Input the website address or URLs to block on Dlink AC1750 wifi router wifi.
- Click on the save settings button.
- This applies to parental control to deny access to specifically chosen websites.
Step 3- enable access control feature on Dlink AC1750 wifi router:
The access control feature on D-link AC1750 wifi router grants controlled access to selected websites as well as set limits to web access depending on set timeline or dates.
- Select access control option on Dlink AC1750 wifi router’s web GUI screen.
- Tick the checkbox to enable the access control feature on Dlink AC1750 wifi router’s wifi.
- This would require you to set up a policy on the D-link AC1750 wifi router for the website filter for parental control.
- Select the Add policy tab below the enable access control field.
- The D-link AC1750 wifi router wizard takes you through the rest of the steps.
- Click on the Next link.
- Follow the wizard screen guides through steps to add a new policy for Access control setup on D-link AC1750 wifi router.
- Through the steps, name the policy being added.
- Then, select a schedule for access control on router’s wifi and name it as well.
- Click on Next.
- Specify the machine/ device to which the above access control policy should be applied.
- Add IP address or MAC address for the same.
- Click Next.
- Select the method for filtering – allow either log web access through dlinkrouter.local or block access.
- Enable or disable the web access login.
- Click on save to apply.
- The applied policy details would be displayed on the screen under the policy table.
- Save the settings for parental control setup on D-link AC1750 wifi router’s wifi.