A D-link router has to be set up to install it at your place once it is bought. The dlink router setup allows you to connect to the wireless network. It is quick and easy with the D-link router setup wizard that automatically starts after dlinkrouter.local web address navigation.
The foremost requirement is to establish wired or wireless connections of other hardware devices – modem and computer with the dlinkrouter. And secondly, you should be able to login into the D-link router to be able to access the setup wizard for dlink router setup. The dlink wifi routers can be logged in using the web protocol address dlinkrouter.local.
Dlink router login via dlinkrouter.local uses login dlink router default password and username that are set by default. Dlink router login is used to configure the dlink wifi router for D-link router setup and establishing a wireless internet connection on the router.
Dlink Router Setup – using The Dlink Router Setup Wizard:
- Power off your modem and unplug from the power source.
- Connect the modem to the dlink wifi Router using an Ethernet cable that joins the Ethernet port of modem to the WAN or internet port of the dlink router.
- Connect the D-link router to the power.
- Switch on your D-link wifi Router and the modem.
- Ensure the power LED lights up.
- Connect your computer to the D-Link wifi Router. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on your computer to the available LAN port on the D-Link wifi Router.
- D-link router setup can be possible either wirelessly by connecting your computer to the Dlink wifi router’s wireless network.
- Open a web browser on your dlink router connected computer for D-link router login.
- Navigate to the default dlink router login default web address dlinkrouter.local in the address field.
- You can also try dlink login by dlink router ip that uses the default IP address http://192.168.0.1.
- This helps when dlinkrouter.local does not allow dlink router login and dlink router setup.
- The dlink router login page is seen after login.
- Key in default dlink router login credentials – in login password and username field.
- Type admin in dlink router login username field for dlink login.
- The dlink router default password field should be blank as this is default login.
- Click on login.
- You then complete dlink router login via dlinkrouter.local and reach the setup wizard screen.
- The dlink router Setup Wizard automatically auto- launches after dlink router login and guides through dlink router setup.
- D-Link wifi router is configured by setup wizard to allow wireless connection setup.
- Your d-link wireless Internet connection type is auto – detected and connected to.
- Setup Wizard on screen instructions take you through wireless network setup and configuration.
- The wireless connectivity is setup and dlink router setup is completed.
- The router’s status Internet LED is light green indicating that the dlink wifi router is successfully connected to the wireless connection.
Your D-Link wifi Router is installed and set up by a wizard using dlinkrouter.local to access the web interface.